Monday, May 31, 2010

Babies



"Babies" is a documentary movie that follows the progress of four infants in Namibia, Mongolia, Tokyo and San Francisco from birth to their first birthday. It is precious and truly a wake up call for me... It's An important lesson to learn about raising our kids in a society of excess and material things (specially here in America). This movie should really open our eyes at all the
things we are doing wrong! The producer was on 20/20 and said he realized after filming that the baby in Namibia was the most content-yes- the baby with no toys, no movies, no daycare..., no processed food, etc. It only proves that happiness is not based on material things..All parents should watch this movie.

As a Mother, I want to give Alex everything he needs...And usually, I give him things that I did not have... that includes fancy toys, lots of clothes etc... But after watching this Movie, things will change...specially with me.

Growing up, I did not enjoy all these beautiful fancy toys, branded clothes and shoes. I had few toys. But I realized that all my childhood happy memories did not come from those material things. It all came from happy times with my family and friends that I will cherish forever...

I grew up climbing trees, running all over the place, swimming in a fish pond and river during summer when we visit Grandma,playing with mud and filipino games like chinese garter, tumba preso, lupa langit etc. And oh! I scrapped my knees from playing like a gazillion times...thank God I don't have those scars anymore! I can honestly say that I had a wonderful and happy childhood. I didn't enjoy all the material things in this world but I was a happy and content child. My Mother truly raised us well and I am very grateful for that.

I want Alex to also have a happy life. But I am not going give him all these gadgets and material things to make him happy. We will still buy him few toys since he will not enjoy the freedom that I had when I was a child. The world is different now. But I want him to enjoy life through our love and quality time with him.

I always pray to our loving Heavenly Father for guidance. I know Parenting is not an easy job. But I hope and pray that someday when Alex looks back about his life with us, he will smile and say "I had wonderful and happy life with my family"

No comments:

my photography website

  • www.srsphotos.com