Friday, February 5, 2010

He's here!


Alex Thomas Schaefer
Birth date: February 2, 10 at Liberty Hospital
Time: 10:21 AM
Weight: 8.7 LBS
Height: 21 inchesOur First Family picture after 28 hours and 30 minutes of labor. My water broke at 6 AM. Labor pain didn't start until I was induced. It started after 4 hours. I got an epidural when I was 3cm dilated which was 12 hours later. Progression was just super slow and the nurse told me that I might end up getting a C-section if I don't dilate more within 24 hours, so the baby won't get an infection. After 24 hours, I started progressing. It was a relief when the doctor said they can wait and observe few more hours since Alex is doing great inside my belly! It was a long journey. Longer than I expected. The pushing part was hard. It took me almost 2 hours. Alex's just so big. But I am glad I had an epidural. I didn't feel any pain at all except a little pressure. It worked 100% on me.Isaac was an awesome labor coach. I wished somebody recorded him at that moment. He made it easier for me and I was so determined to keep on going because of him. I had a normal delivery and we are so grateful for that. We made it! Alex is here and he's every inch of an ANGEL. He's so worth it!


PROUD DADDY

WITH GRAMMA AND GRANDPA who waited for his arrival in the Hospital for more than 24 hours. How sweet is that?

Bonding moment with Dad

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

congrats Sara and Isaac on your bundle of joy. Alex is so cute. Sara you one brave lady . all the best in your journey as parents you guys will be such awesome parents. Alex is so cute.

my photography website

  • www.srsphotos.com