Thursday, January 15, 2009

Money Tree


Few days ago, we went to a chinese store and my husband bought this money tree without my approval. It's $4 and I told him it's not worth it plus i only like bamboo ornaments inside the house, but he bought it anyway.We're not superstitious but according to Isaac, it's worth a shot and there's nothing to lose. Money might not grow on trees but it is believed to bring good fortune and prosperity to all who possess it . My chinese friends believe that Money trees represent wealth and abundance in feng shui. The money will become more and more as the tree becomes bigger and bigger. Chinese like to display money trees in the house foretelling good omen for the coming year in Chinese New Year 2009. So anyway, when we got home, Isaac placed his money tree on his table beside his bed and was teasing me that I'm not going to get any money because I didn't buy one. The following day, I told my mother-in-law about the money tree and how Isaac was teasing me all night. That same day, I checked our mail and my jaw dropped because Isaac got a good cheque from the insurance company. And he got another one this week which is totally a blessing in disguise. So I guess, he's right when he said " its worth the shot and there's nothing to lose" Now that's a good luck sentence!
KUNG HEI FAT CHOI to all my chinese friends! Happy Chinese New Year!

2 comments:

Symber said...

I'm inspired! I want to make a little thingie like this! That's pretty cool, I didn't know that you did some of that stuff! You're one cool cat!

Symber said...

oops! That was posted on the wrong entry! I was talking about the 101 things! Well the money tree is cool too! I want one! I think I need a job tree too! And maybe an organize tree, a get things done tree, and a "make someone else do it" tree!

my photography website

  • www.srsphotos.com