Thursday, December 11, 2008

latest news

December 9, 2008 12:10pm, I have received the worst phone call ever. Early that morning, my husband showed up at work and brought me my favorite breakfast. He loves to surprise me at work once in while with breakfast or flowers. He was telling me that we're getting 3 inches of snow and that I should be very cautious going home. Only to find out later that day that he's in a bad car accident. A nurse from the hospital called me at work and told me that my husband had a car accident on his way to work and he's in the emergency room. She told me to relax, drive carefully to the hospital as soon as I can. Okay, I thought at first that it was a crazy prank caller.Why would someone do this to me? So I called Isaac's cellphone to make sure it's real. The nurse answered his phone and handed it to him because I insisted that I should to talk to him or at least hear his voice. As soon as I heard his voice, I was just ready to freak out because I can tell that he's in a lot of pain, but I stayed very calm. I don't know how I managed it but somehow I did.I remember his exact words " Baby, I think I broke something. But I'll be fine" And then the Nurse took over our very short conversation and told me politely that Isaac can't talk longer. Shortly after, I called my father-in-law and told them what happened. My sister-in-law Robin took me to the hospital. I was too exhausted to drive. When we got there, we waited for a while until after all his tests. They found 2 broken ribs,bruised spleen, bruised lung and a cut in his forehead.Isaac's Dad and our Bishop gave him a blessing and it really helped a lot.Not only to him but also to me.There's no super major injury, thanks goodness! I saw the car yesterday and it's totaled.I saw blood inside and truly it's a miracle that he's alive.The most important thing to me is, he's alive and conscious! We are so blessed.We're still here at the hospital. It's our second day, but the doctor said that we might be able to go home tomorrow or until he can take oral pain reliever. The first night was really tough. The nurse had to inject morphin in him every hour for pain reliever. He was in a lot of pain.We didn't sleep good at all. But last night was so much better. He slept pretty much through the night. They injected morphin every 4 hours. I can tell he's improving although he's still sore all over which is normal. He's been walking a little bit today.He's on emergency leave right now. A lot of his friends from work called and came to visit him. We're very grateful for our family and friends for their love and support. Thank you for all your prayers. This accident made me realized how much I love my husband. Despite of everything, we are grateful for all our trials. It truly brings us closer to God, family and friends.I know he will recover quickly.Heavenly Father is healing him. Isaac wants you to know that he'll be fine and he'll be dancing soon.





Day 2




No comments:

my photography website

  • www.srsphotos.com