Monday, April 20, 2009

Liberty jail


Our lesson in the Relief Society yesterday, was about Joseph Smith and his experiences inside the Liberty Jail with his brother and friends. They were wrongly accused and later "allowed" to escape and be reunited with their family and friends in Illinois. He received important revelation from God in the midst of trials inside the jail which is not only for him, but also for us. He is truly a man called of God. This happened more than a hundred years ago, but It will always be an important part of our church history.
I went to the historic Liberty jail visitor center yesterday to ponder what I've learned in our lesson. It was a wonderful experience to go there alone for the first time. The missionary who gave us the tour added my knowledge about our Church History. She also sang one of my favorite Hymns for us which is, "Did you think to pray" and she sounded like an angel. I always learn something new whenever I go there. After the tour, she bore her sweet testimony. The spirit was so strong that I was in tears.It's the same feeling inside the temple. As I was leaving the place, I felt that God was there beside me and telling me how much He loves me. What a wonderful experience! I thought I just want to share this.

No comments:

my photography website

  • www.srsphotos.com